Bib Dress!!

If you have babies, had babies, know someone with babies...you will want to start collecting bibs after you read up on this tutorial!!  That's right, baby bibs!!


The top of this dress is a baby bib.  Oh, and the yellow ruffled part is actually the end of a pillow case!  


If you know how to sew, you will know how to make this by looking at the pieces in the above picture.  Pretty simple, right??  

Unfortunately, this idea is only for the small dogs.  But seriously, the possibilities are endless with all the adorable bibs out there!  You don't even need an embroidery machine because the bib already has it for you!  

If you make this:
 Make sure you measure your dog for the belt (the green portion) where the bib will end.  Add 3 inches when cutting the belt for the overlapping velcro (or a tie or button or...).  


Measure the length you want the skirt to be on your dog's back starting from where the belt will end.  I was lucky enough to have this yellow pillow case laying around.  I made it 8 inches long.  Ruffle the top edge, and hem the sides in.


Sew the belt on top of the yellow piece and bib piece.


And you're done!!  Seriously!


She looks lovely.


Some of you may have seen the one I did for DollarStoreCrafts.com last week.  After I made one using all items from The Dollar Tree, I knew I had to make an upscale/upcycled one for you guys!

This one (100% from The Dollar Tree) is made of a baby bib and a green tote bag.  And unfortunately, Foxy wasn't around for the photo so Sebastian had to model the dress.  I know...not cool!


You can check out this "Hug Me" dress here.

Hope you enjoyed!!  And as always, if you try this, post it on the Sew DoggyStyle Facebook page for us all to see!

XOXOXOXO,
Erika and Sebastian

18 comments:

Diana Chiew said...

Very nice and pretty! I might just make it for the girls but let me go look out for some bibs.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

I luv it...what a super sewing idea!

chandra said...

So clever! Love the Irish Hug Me dress!

-Chandra at Daley's Dog Years

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

OMD, those are soo cute!

Unknown said...

Foxy is such a great model! Those are absolutely adorable, and what a great way to put the bibs to use after the babies outgrow them :)

Terrorzinhos said...

Such cute pictures!
We have an award for you. Can you come to our blog to collect it?

RudeMermaid said...

I love this idea and it reuses!
It's so cute, and even Sebastian can pull it off :O
I know my Jojo would ignore me for days if i tried to put a dress on him haha. :P

Scooter said...

I am on the search for bibs now!! I posted earlier how cute this is!! Check my bag holder out at my blog. Cant wait to get the donut!!

wags
Jazzi

elponk said...

love your blog!

Talking-Dogs said...

I'm here from the blog hop and so glad I've found your blog. Fantastic ideas. I'll have to come back :-) Lucy and Rudy definitely need some doughnut toys.

Pup Fan said...

This is such a neat idea!

DeeDee said...

you pups pose so good... and I always love what they model.. so cute... my boy doggie would stil like it I bet...heheheh! poor guy uh.... I love your dresses and such a great idea.

Jessica @ YouDidWhatWithYourWeiner.com said...

Just came over from the blog hop and found this post. I love the idea. Once I fugure out how to works a sewing machine again I plan to make all kind of crafty stuff for my weiner dogs.

JJ said...

So cute! I dropped in from Mommy's Idea. http://www.mommysidea.com/2011/04/win-doggy-squeaker-toy-from-sew.html

thanks, Gahome2mom

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

You just make me smile, always!

lilythepoodlepup said...

my mommy made me one of those, their super cute and, comfortable,ish but better than most of my mommys outfits for me!


from,
lily

AjayKM said...

Very cute puppy

sinus headache

Teresa Halminton said...

What are the best Things to do in Tokyo in summer? The beautiful ancient capital of Japan is one of the most visited city in Asia.

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...